Visit the most beautiful areas in Austria
Discover the valuable diamonds
The Small Historice Towns are selected according to very specific criteria. Their townscapes are characterized by historic buildings under monument protection and by historic quarters. They all have their town characters and in many cases their historic importance is apparent in their geographic location. Their current population is between 1500 and 60.000 people.
The journey by train leads you to 3 special tows:
Kufstein/Tyrol – at the foot of the „Kaisergebirge"
The massive fortifications convey an impression oft he importance that Kufstein played as early as in the Middle Ages. Centuries of culture and impressive nature team up between stylish town houses and the tranquil farm houses in the surroundings to create the historically developed but very lively tradition.
Gmunden/Salzkammergut – at the shores of Lake Traunsee.
A lively town with southern charm at the shores of Lake Traunsee, surrounded by mountains – that ist he town of ceramics, Gmunden. Not a big town, but no sleepy small village either. A town with culture and atmosphere, romantic and lively.
Schärding/Lower Austria – the Baroque town on the river Inn.
Old portals, Baroque gables, quiet corners and narrow lanes, the mighty, wide River Inn, meadwos, fields and the wooded hills of the Sauwald forest. Schärding casts a spell over its guests. Famous painters and writers were unable to resist the town's unique atmosphere and so are newcomers to the town.
Period: 01st. May till 31st. October 2017 (6 nights / 7 days)
- 2 x overnight with breakfast-buffet in Kufstein
- 2 x overnight with breakfast-buffet in Gmunden
- 2 x overnight with breakfast-buffet in Schärding
- 1 x trainticket (2nd class) from Kufstein to Gmunden
- 1 x trainticket (2nd class) from Gmunden to Schärding
- 1 x ascent with the Kaiser Maximilian panoramic inclined lift to Kufstein Fortress, visit to the museum of Local History and the Heroes Organ
- 1 x boat tour „Castle-roundtrip" from/to Gmunden
- 1 x Innviertler dumpling platter as part of a 3 course set dinner and a glass of beer brewed in Schärding at an inn
Rates per person and arrangement:
01.05.2017 to 30.06.2017
01.09.2017 to 27.10.2017
In a double room: 499,--€
in a single room: 589,- €
30.06.2017 to 01.09.2017
In a double room: 569,--€
in a single room: 649,- €
Minimum stay 6 nights